Digital PSU Update

If you are subscribed to me on YouTube (if you aren’t, why not?), you know that a little while ago I started work on a power supply project. It is based off of the one that Dave Jones of the EEVBlog is building. Mine is slightly different, but has the same major components.

After I wore out(!) the first set of rotary encoder with my constant testing of the firmware, the new encoders didn’t work anymore. I tried everything with my code. I tried countless examples on how to get rotary encoders working on an Arduino. I tried changing the interrupt type, the interrupt routine, and the constants that define my pin setup.

The project sat on my desk for a while, getting nowhere. Suddenly, I had the idea to look at the datasheet again for the encoders I was using (EN16-V22AF15 ‘s) to see if I had missed something while wiring them. Lo-and-behold, there was my problem! When I wired the new encoders, I had (wrongly) assumed that all encoders had a standard pinout, and wired them the same as the old ones. Once I switched things around, they started working!

Now I can get the code finished, so the rest of you can build your own as well!

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s