Quickie Post

This isn’t going to be a full post, but I wanted to mention that my PCBs for my power supply came. I’ve got the OLED display working, and will get the other peripherals working shortly. There will be a full post in a couple day’s time.

The front and back of the power supply PCBs.

Advertisements

Digital PSU Update

If you are subscribed to me on YouTube (if you aren’t, why not?), you know that a little while ago I started work on a power supply project. It is based off of the one that Dave Jones of the EEVBlog is building. Mine is slightly different, but has the same major components.

After I wore out(!) the first set of rotary encoder with my constant testing of the firmware, the new encoders didn’t work anymore. I tried everything with my code. I tried countless examples on how to get rotary encoders working on an Arduino. I tried changing the interrupt type, the interrupt routine, and the constants that define my pin setup.

The project sat on my desk for a while, getting nowhere. Suddenly, I had the idea to look at the datasheet again for the encoders I was using (EN16-V22AF15 ‘s) to see if I had missed something while wiring them. Lo-and-behold, there was my problem! When I wired the new encoders, I had (wrongly) assumed that all encoders had a standard pinout, and wired them the same as the old ones. Once I switched things around, they started working!

Now I can get the code finished, so the rest of you can build your own as well!